Garrett Morris is an American comedian and actor. He was part of the original cast of the sketch comedy program Saturday Night Live, appearing from 1975 to 1980. Morris also had a long-running role as Junior “Uncle Junior” King on the sitcom The Jamie Foxx Show, which aired from 1996–2001.
Read on to find out more interesting facts about Morris.
1. Born on February 1, 1937 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
2. Church-choir singer in his youth, trained at the Juilliard School of Music and graduated from Dillard University in 1958.
3. Performed with The Belafonte Folk Singers and performed in a number of Broadway musicals, including Hallelujah, Baby! and Ain’t Supposed to Die a Natural Death.
4. Appeared as a high school teacher in the 1975 film Cooley High.
5. Had a starring role as Earl Washington on the CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls, from 2011-2017.
6. Appeared in numerous television shows and movies since the early 1970s, but is best known as one of the original cast members of NBC’s Saturday Night Live. One of Morris’s best known characters on SNL was the Dominican baseball player Chico Escuela.
7. In 1976, Morris appeared in the movie Car Wash, playing the role of Slide the bookmaker.
8. Shot in 1994 by a “would-be mugger,” whom he “attempted to fight off,” made a full recovery.
9. Morris appeared in two TV commercials for the Nintendo DS—one featuring Mario Kart DS, and the other featuring Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!.
10. On September 11, 2016, Morris and his family appeared on the ABC’s game show Celebrity Family Feud, playing against Alfonso Ribeiro and Ribeiro’s friends.
The post 10 Things Everyone Needs to Know About Garrett Morris appeared first on On The Black List.