This story is one that will surely make you count your blessings and realize that your life isn’t all that bad. Michael Money of Bellingham, Washington, was out working when he cut his hand. Thinking nothing of it, the man continued to work. Little did he know, he’d been infected with a flesh-eating bacteria that was going to keep eating through his arm and eventually attack his vital organs.
After working and realizing that his hand wouldn’t stop hurting, Money went to the hospital to speak with doctors. That’s when he was told that he’d have to get his arm cut off to kill the infection. He’d contracted necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh-eating bacteria.